Updated 2/24/18: This event has been cancelled. Unfortunately the conditions of the ice on the lake are not favorable. We home you join us for one of our spring or summer events!
The Audi Club North America - Glacier Lakes Chapter is hosting our Winter Ice Driving Events at Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN (map). This event is a great opportunity to hone your winter driving skills in a controlled environment. We will have a challenging set of exercises including a skid pad, cone course, and the popular "road course".
ACNA membership is not required to attend this event.
- Cost: $50 for members and $60 for non-members
- Getting to the lake: See point B on this map; Enter the lake on the south side (look for the Audi Club banner)
- 8-8:30 a.m. Registration and prep cars
- 8:30 a.m. Drivers meeting
- 9 a.m. to noon Exercises open
- Noon - 1 p.m. Break for lunch
- 1 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Exercises open
To learn more about what expect, check out the following links:
- What to expect when you attend an Ice Driving Event
- FOX Channel 9 news story on YouTube
- Audi Club Glacier Lakes Videos
Other important details:
- No refunds will be issued, unless we cancel the event.
- Registered participants will be notified prior to the event if it needs to be canceled due to weather/ice conditions. A notice will also be posted on this website.
- Due to the nature of our driving exercises and the snow banks created during plowing, some vehicles may require a check ride or may not be allowed to participate at these events. If you are uncertain please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification on your vehicle prior to the event.
- Registration will be available on the day of each event; however an extra $10 will apply.